[Fredslist] NYC public works (refuse trucks) procurement issue assistance

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Mon Sep 24 14:03:03 EDT 2012

All:

A colleague has a client who has received interest from the City for a
product it manufactures (in the public works arena, relating to refuse
trucks).  They have been told that the procurement process can be up to two
years because of requirements to get union support and other issues.  They
would like to figure out if there is a legal way to shorten the procurement
process.  Please let me know if you know anyone who can assist with this.

E-mail replies only, please.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,

David

Gotham L.I.

David J. Abeshouse

Law Office of David Abeshouse

626 RXR Plaza

Uniondale, New York 11556

Ph: 516-229-2360 | Fax: 516-229-2361

B2B Dispute Resolution

Business Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Lawyer | Business
Arbitrator/Mediator

 <mailto:David at BizLawNY.com> David at BizLawNY.com |
<http://www.bizlawny.com/> www.BizLawNY.com   View my profile on:
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=743166&authType=name&authToken=fmBm
&trk=ppro_viewmore> LinkedIn |
<http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/11556-ny-david-abeshouse-853883.html> Avvo |
<http://www.mediate.com/mediator/details.cfm?id=25572&ac=516> Mediate.com

Adjunct Professor, St. John's University School of Law, teaching Alternative
Dispute Resolution Law

Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers -- Metro for 2007, 2012;
category: Alternative Dispute Resolution Law.

2012: Selected as Charter Member of NYAMA and member of its parent
organization, the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN) (only 56
in NY and 5 on L.I.).

Please click to view my NADN member profile:         Please click to view my
NYAMA member profile:

 <http://www.nadn.org/david-abeshouse> http://www.nadn.org/david-abeshouse
<http://www.nymediators.org/david-abeshouse>
http://www.nymediators.org/david-abeshouse

2012: Selected for membership as a Fellow of the College of Commercial
Arbitrators (CCA).  CCA membership is by invitation only.  There are fewer
than sixty CCA Fellows in New York State, and fewer than five on Long
Island.  See:  <http://www.thecca.net/> http://www.thecca.net

Selected to L.I. Pulse magazine's 2010, 2011, and 2012 Top Long Island Legal
Eagles: The Top-Rated Attorneys (category: Alternative Dispute
Resolution/Arbitration).  Selection criteria include independent lawyer peer
review ratings from the Martindale legal directory (A-V Preeminent/5.0 out
of 5.0 ranking).