[Fredslist] BRAINLINK SECURITY ADVISORY: Do NOT upgrade to IOS6...yet

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Fri Sep 21 09:45:21 EDT 2012

Gothamites,

   You either are, or will, get prompts to upgrade your iPhones, iPads,etc to IOS6.

  DO NOT DO IT...YET.

  We've been monitoring the upgrade and found several reasons to wait a week, I two:

1) The MAPS application doesn't work as well as the old one.  In fact, it stinks.

2) the GPS navigation is no as effective, either.

3) Apple had a rollout bug that prevented wifi from working.  It's been fixed, but who knows what other issues exist.

RECOMMENDATION:
- There's no CRITICAL reason to upgrade immediately.  Wait at least 1 week as security & end-user communities test/hack/break all the new features.

Apple is the new Microsoft...upgrade carefully.

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.

Author of "The Most Important Secrets To Getting Great Results From IT"
http://www.amazon.com/Important-Secrets-Getting-Great-Results/dp/0984424814