[Fredslist] All About Fredslist

Debra B. Lindner debbie at gothamnetworking.com
Mon Sep 10 16:39:25 EDT 2012

Here are some tips for enhancing your experience with Fredslist:

Sending An Email to Fredslist

*	To send an email to share with all of Gotham, please address your
email to fredslist at gothamnetworking.com

*	Remember to send from the email address you are registered with on
the website (the reply to address must also be the email address you are
registered with on the website.  To protect our members from SPAM and
unsolicited emails, the computer automatically rejects any emails from
unregistered email addresses.

*	Remember when sending an email to Fredslist:

*	If you are asking for help, check the website first to see if we
have members who offer this service. Still need to post and unsure if we
have members who do this? Send your email to Fredslist, but include that you
believe we have members who offer this service and you hope to hear from
them.
*	Use a specific subject line - this will ensure members  open and
read your email
*	Emails post exactly as you send them, so no need to include a line
asking us to post.

Finding An Email That You Sent to Fredslist or Read on Fredslist

*	If you are looking for an old email (or wondering if the ones you
sent were posted), you can use our handy dandy feature - Fredslist Archives
which is located on the Members only section of our web site home page under
Member Tools. http://www.gothamnetworking.com/members/index.php

[Note:  Sometimes the sender of an email does not receive their own posting.
This is a temporary problem we are working to correct. So if in doubt, check
the archives]

Email Options - Get Fredslist When and How You Want It

*	Going away on vacation, taking a business trip, feeling overwhelmed
with emails!  You have the power to protect your Inbox from filling up with
Gotham emails - log on to the website and change your email options to web
only.  After you are back from vacation, you can log in and change your
options back.

*	To change your preference for email - log onto the website at
www.gothamnetworking.com and update your profile to change your email
options to one of the 3 different ways to receive emails:

*	Individual emails - Emails delivered as they are posted - the best
way to take advantage of Gothamites' offers and to help your fellow
networkers in real time
*	Digest form only - you receive a compilation of the emails a few
times a day.
*	Web only - Read your Fred's List emails on the Gotham website at
your convenience. A great option if you're going on vacation or will be away
from your email for a while - change your email settings before you go, but
remember to change them back upon your return!

Debra B. Lindner

Executive Director, Gotham City Networking

debbie at gothamnetworking.com