[Fredslist] Gotham Towers Meeting

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Tue Oct 9 13:53:12 EDT 2012

This morning, Erin & I rode the circuit to Gotham Towers.

What an INTERESTING and EDUCATIONAL meeting!

1) Steve Lichtenstein asked the group what SOCIAl CAPITAL meant.

And as people answered, we asked them WHO in their network THEY COULD INTRODUCE to other members.

Instead of asking WHO YOU WANT TO MEET, he asked WHO CAN YOU INTRODUCE?

2) We also learned that a GREAT INTRODUCTION for Amparo Connors are companies with vacancies.  She's great at placing people who need jobs - and she's even better at taking away the pain of sifting through thousands of resumes, qualifying candidates, etc.

3) Towers spotlights members at the meeting, and today, LISS Consulting was spotlighted.  What we learned, is that beyond clients, beyond raving fans, BEYOND APOSTLES, what we want are CULT MEMBERS!

LISS' clients are part of the LISS-cult.

4) Steve Lichtenstein and David Stein were my earliest mentors in Gotham (and STILL are, 8 years later)
To that end, I declare myself the FOUNDING MEMBER of the CULT OF STEVE LIcHTENSTEIN.  :-)

P.S. To the 2 MISSING members of the Circuit Riding Posse - we missed you...slackers.  :-p :-p :-p

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.

Author of "The Most Important Secrets To Getting Great Results From IT"
http://www.amazon.com/Important-Secrets-Getting-Great-Results/dp/0984424814