[Fredslist] ODE TO OUR MISSING VOTING MACHINES - Electoral College

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Fri Nov 9 13:30:10 EST 2012

Before we go tinkering with the electoral college, why don't we tackle
the real culprit behind voter disenfranchisement - GERYMANDERING.

I happen to see the Electoral College (as the founders did) as a
check/balance against popular opinion. (if you think popular opinion
is always right...tell me what you think of POP music! :-) )

OTOH, I can't find a single, good defense for gerrymandering.

In this day & age, why can't we define districts either based on
geography or population AND update them every decade, after the
Census...NOT after every election when the winning party gets to
divide the spoils?

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel
www.rajgoel.com

You run your business, and leave the IT to us.

Author of "The Most Important Secrets To Getting Great Results From
IT"