[Fredslist] US Government's legal arguement on CLOUD Files

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Mon Nov 5 15:38:19 EST 2012

Honest businesses, including soldiers deployed overseas, and several congressional offices & senatorial offices lost data on Megaupload.

Hundreds of businesses died when the FBI shutdown McColo a few years ago.

Here's the crux of the problem.

Think of the cloud as Grand Central station.

You can use GCT to go home, buy food or deal drugs.

In the real world, the FBI doesn't strip search and arresr everyone because a few people sold illegal drugs.

Online, if 1 company commits a crime, EVERYONE ELSE is viewed as being equally guilty.  And burden of proof is upon you to prove your innocence.

Just because you shared a subway train with a bank robber doesn't make you an accessory.

In the cloud, having your data in the same facility or with the same provider does.

These are the 1st, 4th & 5th amendment rights that the government and large corporations want to erase...in the name of convenience and security.

-- Raj

917-685-7731
Raj at brainlink.com

>>> www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel