[Fredslist] US Government's legal arguement on CLOUD Files

Danny Mizrahi dm at contangoit.com
Mon Nov 5 15:08:09 EST 2012

So don't put your files with a company like "megaupload" (see here for why:
http://megaupload.co <http://megaupload.com/>m).   They were criminals.
 That wasn't a real company.  There were copyright infringement animals.
 If "Goodwin" was stupid enough to put all his data with a company that was
OBVIOUSLY breaking the law in the most severe ways, then he doesn't deserve
his files back.  So the moral of the story is to make sure you know who's
cloud you're dealing with.  That's like saying if you put your files with
the Taliban, expect them to not be given back.  Yes, your files will be
gone if you give them to the Taliban and the Taliban gets killed or goes to
jail.  Good luck getting your files back.

Good thing our clients are with Rackspace, Amazon and Google.  We have
about 140 clients, and not one of them experienced one second of downtime
to their email.  We're very proud of that.  Physical servers were shut
down, Cloud Servers stayed up.

*Look at this list of companies that use Amazon's
cloud<http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/>,
including Netflix, Pinterest, Ericsson, Lionsgate, Nasdaq, PBS, Spotify,
Yelp, IMDB, NYU School of Medicine, Pfizer, Ticketmaster, Unilever,
Lamgorghini, and many more.*
*
*
*Look at this list of companies that use Google
Apps<http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/customers/index.html#tab0>,
including United States General Services Administration, Yale, Brown
University, Heinz, National Geographic, Orbitz, US Holocaust Museum, United
Bank and Trust, and many more.*
*
*
*Look at this list of companies that use
Rackspace<http://www.rackspace.com/managed_hosting/support/customers/>:
~40% of the Fortune 100!, Living Social, Bluetooth, Mazda, Domino's, Six
Flags, and many more.*
*
*
You're telling me all of these companies are being fooled, and their data
isn't secure?  All of these companies just lost ALL of the rights to their
data?  No wayyyyyy.

With love, hugs n kisses,

Danny

 Danny Mizrahi