Fwd: [Fredslist] THE CLOUDS BURST AT KZR

JADLER115 at aol.com JADLER115 at aol.com
Thu Nov 1 16:22:17 EDT 2012

DANNY'S SEMINAR IS
NOVEMBER 8
AT
KZR
485 MADISON AVE
AT
12:30
BRING YOUR LUNCH

____________________________________

Regarding this Seminar....

The fact is...our clients in a real, proven, cloud (like Rackspace,
Google, Amazon, etc), worked through Sandy, no problem.  Wherever they  could get
to the internet, or if they could use their phone, they were able to
continue working.  It's easy.

Our clients that have servers, we had to shut them down proactively  before
the storm.  They weren't able to get into them,  until someone physically
started their machines.  I've also  heard stories about "Data Centers" in
Jersey and Long Island that have been  saying "we offer cloud computing," and
now they're down.  It's a  shame...and when picking your Cloud vendor, you
really need to stick to the  best.

I have been getting calls and emails from people all over the place
(including KZR apparently!), who don't have business email right now.  That is
absolutely, 100% avoidable these days, and  totally inexcusable of the IT
company that provides service to these  clients.  If your email went down, we
need to talk ASAP.

Come learn more about this....and cloud computing.

I should mention that if anyone comes and tries to spend the entire
session talking about security with the cloud, I will only direct  you to the
vendors we use, and their own respective security  policies.  This will not be a
back and forth on Cloud security.  We  use 3 vendors: Rackspace, Amazon and
Google.  They are secure.  Google it.  End of story =).

Danny

Danny Mizrahi

p:   (212) 737-0608
m: (516) 606-4326