[Fredslist] Support our Military Families

Tom Gallin tomg at gallin.com
Thu May 24 10:22:13 EDT 2012

SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY FAMILIES

"Stars for Cars" is a project that was started by Jake Gallin, the ten
year old son of Tom and Alida Gallin.  Jake was inspired after watching
a show in January of 2011 that featured our  First Lady Michelle Obama
and Dr. Jill Biden along with a Gold Star Mother.  Our First Lady
reminded us that 1% of our country is protecting 99% of our country.
Jake took this to heart and began writing letters to various community
leaders.  He wanted them to recognize the "Blue and Gold" Star families
living in our communities.  A "Blue Star" signifies that a family member
is serving in the armed forces and a "Gold Star" means that a loved one
has died while serving our country.

In order to help spread the word of the sacrifices our military families
also make, Jake designed a star shaped magnetic decal that can go on
cars.  Jake said "The "Blue and Gold Star" families need to be
recognized all over the place, everywhere we go. Wherever the decals go,
then that town or that city will know about "Stars for Cars" and the
people might want to know more about the "Blue and Gold Star" families."
The decals say "We Support Blue & Gold Star Military Families".  We are
selling these Stars for $10 each with 100% of the proceeds going to the
USO.  Please visit our website - starsforcars.org
<http://www.starsforcars.org/>  - to learn more about this project (we
are also on facebook).  You can purchase Stars via the website or look
on the Links page for a local business that has agreed to sell them as
well.    If you do not want to get a Star, seek out the military
families in your town and find out how you can help them.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Gallin, Jr.  LEED AP

John Gallin & Son, Inc.

Over 125 Years of Construction Excellence

212-252-8900

www.gallin.com