[Fredslist] Help for my aunt in CT who is losing her sight

Katherine Cohn katherinecohn at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 13:39:22 EDT 2012

Dearest Gotham,

My aunt who lives in Bridgeport, CT has lost most of her sight as a result of a brain tumor and she is experiencing difficulty adjusting to her new life not being able to see. Does anyone know of some resources to help her? I'm thinking about several ideas:

1. a support group for her to join to discuss her experience and feelings of going blind and how to cope with it
2. a person who could visit her house to give her ideas of how to use her computer by listening and speaking to it & other tips inside her house
3. a person who can help her adjust to living as a person who can't see

I don't have any experience with this so I am not sure what exists to help her, but I would appreciate any advice or suggestions that you may have.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Warm regards,

Katherine Cohn
Mentor Coordinator