[Fredslist] A Gotham Hidden Treasure...

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Mon Mar 26 14:33:42 EDT 2012

Hello Along the Network,

We have a hidden treasure in our midst, ladies and gentlemen:  fellow
Gothamite Joyce Gold of Joyce Gold History Tours of New York.

Yesterday, my wife and I went on her fabulous "Crimes of the 5th Avenue
Goldcoast" walking tour.  Joyce is a wonderful storyteller who provides
historical context, and a delightfully wry sense of humor and irony that
held the fifty or so participants (fellow " Hinterlander" Gothamite Bill
Waldorf and his wife and daughter were also in attendance) spellbound.
What I think I enjoyed most about the tour was that appealed not just to
tourists, but also New Yorkers; and as native New Yorker, I really
appreciate that.  And I don't think I've ever met anyone who so clearly
adores her work as much as Joyce does.

We can't wait to attend the High Line walking tour, and will do that
shortly.  Folks, this is an inexpensive, fun-filled way to spend a
couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon learning about history and events
that you won't hear anywhere else.  Here's Joyce's website:
www.joygoldhistorytours.com <http://www.joygoldhistorytours.com/>

There's only one problem:  Once you take one of these extraordinary
tours, you'll be hooked!

Thanks again, Joyce.  You rock!!

Lucas J. Meyer

5th Street Advisors, LLC