[Fredslist] A surprise while riding the circuit

John Seiffer john at betterceo.com
Fri Jan 13 07:25:35 EST 2012

I spent yesterday making a full day of Gotham. I had meetings with several
Gothamites (Danny Mizrahi, Erin Ardleigh and Raj Goel) and rode the circuit
to the Diversity Group lunch meeting. I had arranged with Fred to talk to
him after the lunch and ask for his advice about an idea for a seminar
about how business owners can become better CEOs.

When I got there, Fred's schedule had changed and he didn't have time to
stay afterward so he asked if I would be the featured presenter at lunch
explaining my idea to the whole group and getting their feedback as well as
his. It was like asking for an ice cream cone and getting a sundae.

I have to say this was a totally Gotham production: Introductions to Danny,
Erin and Raj came from Lucas Meyer. The idea to make it available as a
seminar came from Tessa Marguis and I not only got feedback from Fred, but
also Gideon Schein, Raj Goel and others at the meeting.  The cherry on top
was there was time afterward for Raj to take me around on a tour of the
Friar's club. I'd be happy to email the presentation to any of you who want
it.
--
John Seiffer
business advisor