[Fredslist] Sharing Great news about Ariel Fixler's fight with Cancer -- New Blog: Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose: Texas Forever!

Rona Wexler rona at wexler-consulting.com
Mon Feb 27 11:21:32 EST 2012

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=qgkklrgab&v=001F21jA-5PIHaXLOBZnM6-H7cuaQVeaqJ4QK0QWvHFJHPW-oLRaY4n2EyKFKPvAp2pLd6O0Ayp2mz3EN82XOfsNH8Bdilfurk4RGBO6qbd3D--fCCxrMDQ0kpB42xKac_buostrVmV8pmQUm0dce86rBDbLY4IIvcAqg6LqCsPrbTd_0qT3tsEQxGKPhY6eCddSBwMkPGh8C4w74rQWMPqJSfltiCRXeo7OXf0Iwl3uSOs0n3HTBpv7RBxXW3HNf04LG49vVIRD93VshkAElWsFvaSc081lEFbPKXbEUNd2AY6VxtHqpBsTH_mFTJi6w0fJKP0cOJJTyTO-CaOGMfyomXyH9BS0ZM4&id=preview>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101093164665/nonprofit-hdr-shdw.jpg]

Great news about Ariel Fixler and her fight with Cancer -- New Blog: Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose: Texas Forever!

Dear Friends, Family and Colleagues - our incredible Community of Support, joining in Ariel Fixler's Fight with Cancer,

It's been a while since our last update. Over the past few months, Ariel has struggled to spend some time at home and been able to visit friends and feel some degree of normalcy. With aggressive treatment, there is real progress. Her tumors, which had metastasized throughout her abdominal organs, shrunk from a high of over 7.5cm in the fall, 2011 to 1.45cm today. These last smaller tumors, in her liver and her adrenal gland are stubborn. The shrinkage has progressed at a glacier pace - quite discouraging and increasingly difficult to tolerate. (described in her blog)

BUT... last week we received great news!

New York Presbyterian's awesome oncology team helped her get accepted for a new, very limited drug trial taking place at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX, one of North America's leading cancer treatment and research centers!  In just 48 hours she was on a plane to Houston to join ten other participants in a new treatment. In the next 6 weeks, she will alternate between Houston and Philadelphia at the Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania. About 3-4 round trips of 7-10 days each. She explains in her blog below that the goal is to use a different protocol to accelerate the shrinkage, wipe out the last cancer cells and bring her to full recovery.

She has received wonderful gifts of mileage points to defray travel costs. She also registered with the Corporate Angel Network, an organization that coordinates empty seats in corporate jets with patients and a caregiver for travel to cancer treatments (pretty cool!).

The treatment brings a lot of new expenses. Friends and family are finding generous, creative ways to pull together for her and we thank you all!  Many continue to ask how to contribute. So here you go: Checks made out to:

The Ariel Fixler Special Needs Trust

15900 Riverside Dr. W, #1K, New York, NY 10032

We feel very blessed, embraced by all of your many gestures of support, compassion and caring.  If I don't respond to each of you individually, I hope you understand and know that each message brings a warm touch to our hearts.

Her blog below explains it all with Ariel's typical humor and panache. Good reading in recent blogs such as the one about the film 50/50...I Get It, her great work for cancer patients Morphine Haze/Cinema Phase, and her participation in some incredible fundraising events for cancer research and support.

http://lilfixversuscancer.blogspot.com/2012/02/clear-eyes-full-hearts-cant-lose-texas.html<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109357857329&s=0&e=001V3bXhIMAUmXFbH1Av5dYta8bJ18c5-Dz3E5vavY_bEN5VPd7e-tlxiCN3BWn8P7KRnVbsN_WQbPaGR_Vmn61jj1YUOD6Z7hFbh1FzyqGKtLRooqNb80zazGbXtginTgtZdBGjAl4L0dAeM6OXuL4c9bohTj2i-ZeLB_JA2xFBpXXHZU9cX401Msz264E89LV>

Rona and Gene...and Ariel, for our "LilFix"

Rona
Rona E. Wexler, M.A., ABVE/D
Diplomate, American Board of Vocational Experts
T: (646) 335-5236     efax: (815) 366-8024
rona at wexler-consulting.com<mailto:rona at wexler-consulting.com>

www.wexler-consulting.com<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1109357857329&s=0&e=001V3bXhIMAUmXFbH1Av5dYta8bJ18c5-Dz3E5vavY_bEN5VPd7e-tlxiCN3BWn8P7KHu27P657tSSkRooqc1-AnWubBACumUgODSEwEwx0sKxdh6SKGpy3dw==>
15900 Riverside Dr. W Suite 6C, New York, NY 10032-1041
It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not.

[Ariel Fixler]

[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101093164665/nonprofit-ftr-shdw.jpg]

Forward email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=qgkklrgab&m=1106536376528&ea=rona@wexler-consulting.com&a=1109357857329&id=preview>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/SafeUnsubscribe_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001eRSZkYocedniyKG3MLvROixMiMB2rooTkQDnJzne9mjh1eILRWd-ZA%3D%3D&t=001ASisTilHPClFWGbDSxigmA%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkdsXUUNuYTvFBSdz8t5_5NT&llr=qgkklrgab>

[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/CC_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?pn=bralanconsulting&cc=TEM_NP_002&id=preview>

This email was sent to rona at wexler-consulting.com<mailto:rona at wexler-consulting.com> by rona at wexler-consulting.com<mailto:rona at wexler-consulting.com> |
Update Profile/Email Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001eRSZkYocedniyKG3MLvROixMiMB2rooTkQDnJzne9mjh1eILRWd-ZA%3D%3D&t=001ASisTilHPClFWGbDSxigmA%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkdsXUUNuYTvFBSdz8t5_5NT&llr=qgkklrgab> | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001eRSZkYocedniyKG3MLvROixMiMB2rooTkQDnJzne9mjh1eILRWd-ZA%3D%3D&t=001ASisTilHPClFWGbDSxigmA%3D%3D&l=001FCSs65SMrsI%3D&id=001b-xBWU3VMkdsXUUNuYTvFBSdz8t5_5NT&llr=qgkklrgab>(tm) | Privacy Policy<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp?id=preview>.

Wexler-Consulting | 15900 Riverside Dr W #6C | New York | NY | 10032

THIS IS A TEST EMAIL ONLY.
This email was sent by the author for the sole purpose of testing a draft message. If you believe you have received the message in error, please contact the author by replying to this message. Constant Contact takes reports of abuse very seriously. If you wish to report abuse, please forward this message to abuse at constantcontact.com<mailto:abuse at constantcontact.com>.