Fwd: [Fredslist] Congress To Auction Public Airwaves

Gil Effron gil at strategiesforgrowth.net
Fri Feb 17 09:31:21 EST 2012

Scott, I'm a licensed amateur ratio operator. W4TAN. I don't do much with it any more. The one thing that was drilled into us way back when was that the airwaves belong to the people.

This move by Congress puts control in the hands of only the very largest corporations, discourages small innovators from emerging, and -- although they say there will be limits -- you and I both know that in time those limits will dissolve in time and we will all be held captive to big business. My personal opinion is that every time Congress does something like this, they're giving away what doesn't' belong to them. It belongs to us. They're the ones who spend money the country doesn't have. We're the ones who pay.

Enough of my ranting for today. Hope all is well. g

Here's the story: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/business/media/congress-to-sell-public-airwaves-to-pay-benefits.html

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Scott Bloom" <Sbloom at bloomreg.com>
> Subject: [Fredslist] Congress To Auction Public Airwaves
> Date: February 17, 2012 7:24:11 AM EST
> To: <fredslist at gothamnetworking.com>
>
> Anyone that can tell us what this means? Should we object...be outraged...take action?
>

> From Scott M. Bloom:
>
> We did not inherit the Earth from our parents...we are borrowing it from our greatgrandchildren...
>
> Bloom Real Estate Group
> Office # 212-342-7444
> Blackberry # 917-327-2109
> www.bloomreg.com