[Fredslist] Montauk Weekend - help

Mikel J. Hoffman, Esq. mjhnyslaw at mac.com
Thu Feb 16 23:20:47 EST 2012

In Montauk two of the better restaurants are South Edison Restaurant and  the Harvest.  Gossman's is good for lunch, great atmosphere if a nice day on Lake Montauk's inlet.  The Palm is a favorite and its in East Hampton.  Montauk and East Hampton are about 20 miles apart.

Best breakfast is Joani's, a take-out place with great egg wraps, smoothies etc with limited seating on picnic benches.

The 10 mile stretch between Amaganset and Montauk has three roadside lobster roll places.  Pricey but great food. Usually cash only.   (Very popular with the single twenty-to-thirty year olds late afternoons)

If you're active for the outdoors, the bicycling is great, both road and trail bikes.  Bike rental place in Montauk.  There are bicycle/hiking trails at Camp Hero Park, near the Montauk Lighthouse.  If you road bike, nice  ride from town to the lighthouse (approx five miles from town ), then back to Gossman's for lunch, Total miles is about 15 miles.

Of course there is always fishing since Montauk is a fishing mecca.

At night, they allow fires on the beach. Bring your own wood, lots of cocktails, and smores.

Mikel J. Hoffman
Mikel J. Hoffman, PC
193 East Main St.
Babylon, New York 11702
631 661-2121
E-mail: mjhnyslaw at mac.com
Web Page: www.NYSLAW.com
Confidentiality Note: This electronic transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please destroy the original message and all copies and notify us immediately by telephone at 631 661-2121 or by return e-mail. Thank you.