[Fredslist] Legal Events Invitation

Jerome Wisselman email at lawjaw.com
Mon Feb 13 18:02:38 EST 2012

Hello Gothamites,

Here are a number of events that you or people you know may be interested in
attending.  Please pass the word on about these complimentary upcoming
events:

"How to Protect Yourself Financially in a Divorce" will be presented on
March 27th at 5:00pm at the Manhasset branch of Citibank. Discussion will
include child support, spousal support, assets, equitable distribution and
will offer important information needed by business owners or their spouses.

In addition, we are holding a separation and divorce legal clinic on
February 16th at 6:00pm and another one on March 1st at 6:00pm at the
offices of Wisselman, Harounian & Associates.  This is a group for anyone
who needs information from pre-separation through post-divorce modifications
and any where in the process in between.

On February 16th and March 8th, our family law attorneys will present to the
New York City Divorce Support Group members in Midtown Manhattan.  February
16th will cover financial issues of divorce and March 8th addresses all the
other legal issues of divorce.

February 29th at 6:00pm is a workshop for divorcing parents of special needs
children.  When you ask what is in the best interest of the child in a
divorce, the answer is sometimes different with a special needs child. This
group meets at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates office.  We will have
another session on April 10th so parents can attend either one or both.

On February 29th at 6:00 will be a same-sex couples group.  This is a
workshop for same-sex couples in NY who are contemplating marriage and want
to understand the "three R's" - that is the responsibilities, risks and
rewards offered by the state and federal laws for same-sex marriage.  It is
also held at the law office of Wisselman, Harounian & Associates.

Divorcing Dads are invited to our Fathers' Rights workshop on March 7th at
6:00pm.  There are some Dads that are not quite ready for a legal
consultation, this is a way of discussing issues and hearing other's
experiences.  Separation, divorce, custody, visitation, child support,
relocation, domestic violence and false allegations of domestic violence are
all discussed.  This is offered again on April 26th for any Dads who cannot
attend in March and will take place at Wisselman, Harounian & Associates,
P.C.

People are invited to attend these meetings even if they don't need an
attorney or already have an attorney.  People can come to one meeting or as
many of these meetings as they would like to attend.  In addition to legal
information, many people find the camaraderie offered by a group to be
helpful.  Sometimes when someone shares their situation with others who are
going through something similar, it is helpful beyond the information one
gains at these events.  To RSVP or for more information, call 516-773-8300
or email Sharyn at lawjaw.com.

You are also always welcome to reach out to me as well.

Regards, Jerry

Jerome A. Wisselman, Esq.
Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
1010 Northern Boulevard, Suite 300