[Fredslist] Looking for contact for a convention venue in Manhattan

Gabriela Levit GLevit at jacarandatech.com
Thu Dec 13 12:47:03 EST 2012

Hi Gotham,

I could use some Gotham magic again. The WordPress NYC meetup group
wants to organize a weekend convention, probably next June. We're
looking for contacts for a venue that fits the requirements below.

- Capacity for about 800-1,000 attendees. E.g. college, hotel,
conference center, etc.

- Lecture room/classroom capacity for about 75-100 attendees per room

- Whiteboard/screen for presentations

- Manhattan, near public transportation

- Wifi

To give you an idea, we hosted a similar convention last year at Baruch
College: http://2012.nyc.wordcamp.org/

If you know someone, you can refer them directly to Steve Bruner,
sbruner at slipfire.com. I was a volunteer last year but not directly
involved in organizing. Thanks!

Take care,

Gabriela