[Fredslist] Fwd: GOTHAM MAGIC

George Meyer geormeyer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:54:49 EST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George Meyer <geormeyer at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Subject: GOTHAM MAGIC
To: fredslist at gothamnetworking.com

12/6/12

"GOTHAM MAGIC" - How does it work?  Well it's like Magic.
Being employed for a number of years and then laid-off at the prime of my
life @ age 78 it was a shock.
However, while attending a LI Gotham Networking meeting I mentioned my
circumstances and that was enough to begin the MAGIC.  Several Gotham
members expressed interest in my background and within a week I met with
the CEO/President of the Lutheran Social Services of NY (LSSNY) who offered
me a Job Developer position which I accepted.  Even with my teaching,
coaching, administrator, fund raising and job development experience this
newly created position will be a challenge however helping the unemployed
find employment and the business community meet their employment needs is
rewarding.

Without the Gotham Networking Group and the Gotham member who introduced me
to his associate this positive employment outcome would not have taken
place.  Thanks Gotham.

George W. Meyer
516 676-2347
geormeyer at gmail.com