[Fredslist] Interfaith Prayer Vigil for the Sikh Community - Thursday, August 9th at County Executive Building

GURMEET SODHI sodhig at gurmeetsodhi.com
Wed Aug 8 08:53:33 EDT 2012

Hello Friends,

I would like to invite all our Gotham friends to join us tomorrow at an
Interfaith Prayer Vigil we have organized at Nassau County Executive
Building in Mineola.  Below please find all the details for the event.  Also
thank you for the all emails I have received from our Gotham family.
Appreciate your kind words and thoughts.  Hope to see you tomorrow.

The Sikh community around the world mourns the loss of the individuals who
lost their lives in the tragic shootout at the Oak Creek Gurudwara in
Wisconsin yesterday.  Our prayers are with the families and victims who have
suffered the terrible loss of their loved ones.

In wake of the attack, the New York Sikh Community and all the local New
York Gurudwaras are coming together with The Nassau County Executive, Hon.
Edward P. Mangano; Nassau County Commission on Human Rights and Nassau
County Anti-Bias Crime Task Force and holding an interfaith prayer vigil at
the Nassau County Executive and Legislative Building on Thursday, August
9th, 2012.  The program will start at 5:30pm sharp.  We would like to invite
all of our friends from all the faiths to join hands with us as we pay our
respect to the departed souls and pray for the victims and their families.

Attached please find the flyer with all the details for the vigil.  All our
media friends can reach me directly at the number below for more info.  We
look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Attached also please find a Proclamation from President Barack Obama
ordering the national flag to be hoisted at half-mast till sunset, August
10th, 2012 in the honor of the victims of the tragedy in Oak Creek,
Wisconsin.

Regards,

Gurmeet K. Sodhi

Talk Show Host

Ph: 516-662-5215

Fax: 516-232-9007

www.gurmeetsodhi.com <http://www.gurmeetsodhi.com/>

www.facebook.com/GurmeetKSodhi

@GurmeetKSodhi on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/GurmeetKSodhi?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=G
urmeetKSodhi&utm_content=142380690506391552&ref=nf>

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gurmeet-sodhi/2b/b5b/917

  Trailer of our upcoming Documentary Film:

Soil in Debt (Mitti Karz Di) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ79vQAj5MA