[Fredslist] So Proud

Jeanne Anne Norton jeanneannenorton at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 13:36:19 EDT 2012

Gothamites:

I am so proud of my husband, Kenny McGuinness, who on Saturday, his 61st
birthday, along with thousands of other cyclists, raced in the Tour of the
Battenkill, a grueling 62 mile pro/am race held in Southern Washington
County, New York.  Considered the Queen of the Classics, this race is run on
rolling terrain on both dirt and paved roads, through rural villages,
covered bridges and past family farms ­ true backcountry roads with start
and finish in Cambridge.

This years race was tough as his field started out at 2:00 PM with
temperatures in the 70¹s.  Not so ideal for a cyclist¹s body temperature and
hydration needs.  Kenny finished the race in 3 hours 46 minutes.  Then he
drove nearly an hour to get back home to Albany.

If any in the Gotham family would like to send a note of congratulations I
know it would mean a lot to Kenny.  His email address is kenny_mack at me.com.

Thank you.

Jeanne Anne Norton