[Fredslist] Danielle J. Schivek Seeks Summer Fashion Legal Internship

Danielle J. Schivek dschivek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 11:19:29 EDT 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you all again for your support with the Facebook Style Blogger
contest!  Even though I lost, I definitely put up a good fight.  This
time around however, I was hoping to receive a little help on the job
front!

Working at Tod's I grew to appreciate a company that valued quality,
and knew the importance of branding.  I became very interested in
sumptuary law, and found that there are many laws which protect
European manufacturers. In stark contrast, there is a startling dearth
of American "fashion law."  This is why I wish to become a "fashion
law advocate," and which is why working either in-house for a fashion
brand, or a boutique firm would be a fantastic opportunity for
learning about the law I am so passionate about.  Burberry, Chanel,
Gucci, and Louis Vuitton are just some of the brands that take on
summer legal interns, and sometimes it is just a matter of getting in
touch with the right person!

>From Elle to Tod's, and even Frederick's of Hollywood, I have worked
in Publishing, PR, and the Merchandising divisions of several notable
companies.  Aside from my work as a law student at Hofstra University,
I believe that these unique experiences have prepared me to be an
asset to any fashion-based legal team.  I have attached my resume, and
I look forward to hearing back about any opportunities!

Best,

Danielle J. Schivek