[Fredslist] Gotham's Political Powerbrokers

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Tue Sep 27 09:04:59 EDT 2011

Gothamites,

One of the reasons I love Gotham is the number of world-class experts
who are members, and share freely of themselves.

Over the past 2 years, Joel & Sergio have become the Political Dynamic
Duo, and belatedly, deserve some very well-earned accolades.

It is with great pleasure that I congratulate fellow Gothamites JOEL
SCHNUR and SERGIO FERNANDEZ DeCORDOVA on their victory in the open
Brooklyn Assembly race in Bushwick, Brooklyn.

During  the early summer I attended the fundraising event that the
two of these political powerhouses put together on Sergio’s
(absolutely gorgeous) 5000 sq. ft  terraced apartment (the dimension
is just for the terrace) that had the  elite of NYC/NYS political
establishment and business communities, in attendance.

Throughout  election day, Joel kept on texting me (yeah, it still
surprises me that he texts faster than some teenagers...) that the
3-way race was too close  to call but when the polls closed it became
evident that their candidate pulled off an overwhelming victory.

More power to Gotham’s in-house political team.

I'm not sure what practical use one politician has over another (the
old adage about politicians and diapers still applies in my book), but
knowing that we have 2 major powerbrokers an email/call/text away is
definitely a hidden benefit of being a Gothamite.

Congrats again guys...and let me now when YOU run for office :-)

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel