[Fredslist] Urgent Call to Action: 12 AmeriCorps Volunteers Needed by Sept 23

Corey Bearak Bearak at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 12:58:53 EDT 2011

Please see below which I received from my friend Jason Hilliard, Executive Director for Congressman Greg Meeks (also my congressman):

Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counselor
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Bearak at aol.com ♦ CoreyBearak.com ♦ Bearak on Twitter
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]
Urgent Call to Action: 12 AmeriCorps Volunteers Needed by Sept 23
Help people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies and disasters by working as an AmeriCorps member with the American Red Cross in Greater New York!

The American Red Cross in Greater New York is looking to fill 12 positions that are part of its AmeriCorps State program.

AmeriCorps State members are full-time volunteers who serve for 11 months at the Greater NY Red Cross and focus their efforts on helping individuals and communities prepare for, prevent and respond to disaster situations. Through direct service activities, these individuals will seek to increase access to critical preparedness and lifesaving training, engage communities in volunteer activities and create a culture of preparedness in communities across New York. In addition gaining invaluable work experience while serving the community, members are given a living stipend, and are offered benefits such as basic health care and a child care supplement. Upon completion of their assignment, members are given a choice of a cash stipend or an education award.

To learn more about the positions and/or apply please call (917) 865-0686, email, kalisht at nyredcross.org or clickhere.

The deadline to apply is Sept 23, 2011.