[Fredslist] Mgr. Bus. Dev. position open

Lynn Amos lynn at fynelyne.com
Tue Sep 6 12:12:22 EDT 2011

Dear Tribe,

Below is the job description for a position I became aware of. Please
apply for this and other positions online here:
http://www.prometheusresearch.com/careers.html

Best,
Lynn

Lynn Amos
lynn at fynelyne.com <mailto:lynn at fynelyne.com>
914 930 4537
FAX 866 684 0294
_http://www.linkedin.com/in/lynnamos_
www.fynelyne.com <http://www.fynelyne.com%20>

Website Design ·Custom WordPress Blog Design ·Custom E-mail News Templates

Graphic Design for Business Print Communications ·Logos ·Book and
Magazine Design

FyneLyne Ventures, LLC

~~~~~~~~~~~

POSITION TITLE: Manager of Business Development for Consulting Services

DEPARTMENT: Research Informatics Services

Prometheus has been growing quickly. (We just placed third on the Inner
City 100 list of fastest-growing small businesses, right behind Pandora
Radio.) Amazingly, this growth has been fueled primarily through
word-of-mouth. But we know to maintain this growth, we'll have to do
more systematic business development. That's why we need you.

If you find yourself annoyed that no one at your current company will
listen to your great -- albeit, unconventional -- ideas, they'll be
heard at Prometheus. You'll have direct access to our top
decision-makers, and plenty of autonomy. In return, we expect your
sustained energy, and your laser-like focus on the only metric that
really matters: well-qualified business development opportunities in the
pipeline.

*A little about us.*

We're nerds who can talk to people. Our HQ, in New Haven, CT, consists
primarily of client-facing business analysts who provide outsourced data
management and consulting services to top members of the biomedical
research community, ranging from front-line scientists to the
institutions that fund them. We deliver and support these clients via
our web-based application platform, RexDB^(TM). We're market leaders in
the autism space, and are looking to expand into related areas.

*What would I do all day?*

?Execute outbound marketing activities, including SEO, online
advertising, email campaigns, webinars, and trade shows

?Collect and help evaluate customer research, market conditions, and
competitive data

?Manage all aspects of our print production and other collateral

?Coordinate with administrative staff to ensure high-quality, on-time
execution of marketing activities

?Work with senior staff to help develop strategies to maximize exposure
with a limited marketing budget

*Minimum Qualifications:*

?Bachelor's Degree or higher

?3-5 years experience post education in business development or related
activities

?Project Management experience

?Strong interpersonal skills

?Able to write and produce website content, marketing collateral, and ad
copy

?Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills

?Able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously

**

*Preferred Qualifications:*

?Life sciences background and/or experience marketing to academics or
other nonprofits

?Familiarity with web-based marketing technologies and media

?Experience with modern Macintosh operating systems

?Experience maintaining company website

This is a full-time, salaried position at our new headquarters in New
Haven, Connecticut. We are conveniently located near the New Haven
Green, shopping, Yale University, and public transportation.
Compensation is very competitive, commensurate with experience, and
includes full benefits and other perks.

For instructions on how to apply, visit
https://sites.google.com/site/prjobs86420/.

*About Our Company:*

We at Prometheus have built our reputations on helping diverse members
of the biomedical research community overcome the ordinary and
extraordinary challenges of managing data. We provide outsourced data
management services and expert consulting, and deliver sensible
solutions to data management problems powered by our adaptable,
web-based RexDB^(TM) platform. We enjoy the privilege of working with
smart, passionate clients. See
_<__http__://__rexdb__.__com__/__testimonials__>_to read what they think
of us. We got our start at Yale, and are now trusted by institutions
across North America.

We value integrity, curiosity, and determination. We pride ourselves on
engaging in work that is meaningful, and we enjoy collaborating with
others who view their work as an opportunity to make the world a better,
smarter place. Our environment is open, informal, and a tad nerdy. We
are dedicated to learning and to professional growth, and we
consistently look for opportunities to increase responsibilities to
match abilities.

Prometheus Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer.