[Fredslist] Is it a criminal act ?

Howard Lipset lipset at progressivemanage.com
Sat Oct 29 10:02:59 EDT 2011

I could use some opinions from the Tribe.

I have a new client.  She can  not get in touch with her prior CPA whom she
hired when she went into business in the Spring of 2011.
He is holding documents belonging to the client which we want returned.
His Voice Mail Box is full.   I sent a letter with Delivery Confirmation
and the Post Office says it delivered it.

I checked him out with the NYS Education Department and his CPA license is
listed as SUSPENDED.
I googled him and found a Consent Order from the North Carolina CPAs
suspending him effective January 7,2010

Is it a criminal act to represent yourself as a Certified Public Accountant
in the State of New York when you know you have been suspended in two
states, including NYS?  He hands out business cards as a CPA, CFP..  I am
trying to find out his real status as a CFP.

If it is a crime, whom do you report it to?

--
Howard Lipset
www.progressivemanage.com