[Fredslist] Gotham on High Line - Apologies and Thanks

Christopher Lamal clamal at lamal-law.com
Mon Oct 17 07:15:11 EDT 2011

Apologies on behalf of myself and the rest of us in the 9 AM tour group  to
you, Fred, and the rest of the 10:30 tour group for making you wait as Josh
finished up our own tour.  We did, admittedly, make Josh dawdle with us
longer than we had any right to expect, but that's just because his
commentary and knowledge made our tour so engaging.  As a frustrated wannabe
architect who used to draw building designs as a teenager, I was captivated
by his observations on the architectural environments that the High Line has
inspired, with varying degrees of success and grace, in its surrounding
areas.

Perhaps one of the highlights for me was Josh's story of how mistakes made
in the construction of one of the recent buildings on the High Line led to
the dissolution of Polshek Partnership, one of the most prestigious
architectural firms in the country and with which I had occasion once to
work on a project.  James Polshek, as I recall, was once dean of the School
of Architecture at Columbia.

Thanks to Josh for providing such an informative and enjoyable architectural
tour, and thanks to Marc Halpert for all his efforts in organizing such a
wonderful event.  It was a really delightful experience.

And it gave me a very valuable and enjoyable opportunity to meet and better
get to know some wonderful fellow Gothamites.

Thanks, y'all.

Chris Lamal
_________________________
Christopher T. Lamal