[Fredslist] What's in it for you - become a Mentor!

John Buscarello john at buscarello.com
Fri Oct 7 07:30:39 EDT 2011

Wow -- Thank you - Thank you - Thank you Janet Sullivan!!!

Don't have a mentor in Gotham? You don't know what you are missing.

Last year when I heard about the Gotham Mentor Program I signed up and was paired with Janet Sullivan who is a Music Therapist. Over the past 6 or 7 months Janet and I have met for breakfast every few weeks helping each other sort through various business dilemmas. It's been great and enjoyable, we've developed a nice friendship as well….but I was not prepared for what happened this week.

A bit of background: Last month my mother was taken ill and has been floating from hospital to nursing home back to the hospital. The other day while speaking with Janet she asked about my mom and I happened to mention the hospital where my mother is currently . Unknown to me, it's one of the hospital where Janet practices her therapy.

Today Janet voluntarily visited my mother -- she sang to her (in Italian to boot) while she held her hand. I know this gave my elderly sick mother a great deal of joy. Janet also spoke to her peers on my mother's behalf. I'm truly grateful for this touching act of kindness!

So what do you get when you sign up for Gotham's mentorship program….you'll never know unless you try it!