[Fredslist] Home Health Aide - advice, lessons learned & recommendations requested

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Sun Oct 2 11:38:36 EDT 2011

Fellow Gothamites,

My mom has LTC insurance through John Hancock, and we've reached a point where mom needs an aide to assist with her basic needs.

According to her doctors, she also needs physical therapy and massages.

Questions:
1) Are there any specific agencies or firms you'd recommend?

2) Do home health care aides (HHCA) provide physical therapy and massages?

3) Do they handle basic needs like bathing, nail trimming, feeding, etc?

4) What other services or benefits do they provide that's common knowledge?

She'll need an aide/assistant for the rest of her life, so I'm looking for advice and guidance from those of you who've been on this journey before.

Thanks.

-- Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel/