[Fredslist] An honor in New Orleans

Susan Pickman susan.pickman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 22:31:56 EDT 2011

RitaSue:

You honor Gotham by sharing notice of your achievement with all of us.

Best wishes now and always,

Susan

Susan L. Pickman, Ph.D., CFE
Account Executive
Transworld Systems
212-842-9676

http://web.transworldsystems.com/lyndhurst
http://www.youtube.com/user/transworldsystemstv
http://greenflagmovies.com/

cid:image005.gif at 01CC59BD.071995B0

cid:image006.jpg at 01CC59BD.071995B0

On Oct 1, 2011, at 10:19 PM, "ritasue at ritasue.com" <ritasue at ritasue.com>
wrote:

 At the National Conference of the IDSA, the Industrial Designers Society of
America (this year in New Orleans), my company and I received a special
award.

  [image: Home] <http://www.idsa.org/>

*2011 Special Award Winner*

Statement from the Awards Committee

How many of us here tonight owe a professional debt to *RitaSue Siegel
Resources*?

You don’t have to raise your hands. You all know who you are and, truth be
told, all of us probably could raise our hands.

It would have been difficult to predict the impact of RitaSue Siegel
Resources when RitaSue first hung out her shingle 40 years ago. At that
time, there were few women in design and none in positions of power and
responsibility. Since then, RitaSue and her firm have given all of us a
legacy that is unrivaled in the history of design.

RitaSue has touched virtually every American industrial designer through her
speeches, workshops and placements. Her writings, like the essential “How to
Get a Job in Industrial Design,” have provided countless young designers
with an outstanding guide for advancing their careers. Her work with the
Rowena Reed Kostellow Fund and her collaborations with design educators
around the world have created a sturdy bridge to help design students cross
over into professional practice.

RitaSue’s firm has carried the banner for industrial design for more than
four decades working to help business leaders understand and embrace design
as a tool for gaining a competitive advantage.

It’s easy to paint RitaSue’s contributions to the design community in broad
strokes. What probably matters most to those of us who would have raised our
hands earlier is that she has served as a mentor and teacher as we’ve grown
both within the profession and our respective business organizations.

For every act that is known and every bit of guidance that was never
reported, IDSA is very pleased to present a special award tonight to
RitaSueSiegel and RitaSueSiegel Resources.

(It was a very nice surprise.)