[Fredslist] How do I get my cell phone # on a do not cal list?

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Mon Nov 28 19:12:17 EST 2011

Folks,

      Cell phones are already on the DO NOT CALL system.

      What (most likely) happened, is that you gave your cell to an
existing vendor (bank, hotel, starbucks, etc) and as part of your new
Terms Of Service, you automatically allowed the vendor to give
you/sell your cell phone #.

      If you're a Verizon customer, they announced 3 weeks ago that
they would start selling marketing data on subscribers to advertisers.

      Most banks, mortgage companies, retailers revised their terms in
the past 6 months, that automatically give them the right to share
your data with their affiliates.

      Nothing can be done about it, other than telling the callers
that this is your CELL phone and they should not call you again.
      Unfortunately, their affiliates will call you from a different
number, anyway.

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel