[Fredslist] Support our Military's Families

Tom Gallin tomg at gallin.com
Thu Nov 10 11:01:47 EST 2011

My son Jake (9 yrs old) has taken up a cause to help our military's
families while their loved ones are away protecting us.  He has two
goals:

1)      To recognize the families in our communities that are also
making a great sacrifice by having their loved ones be away for months
at a time.  These families have to get by without the mother, father,
brother or sister around to help in life's daily struggles (while also
worrying about their safety).  There are about 3,000 reservists that are
in active duty in the tri-state area alone.  That means that there are
3,000 families that live among us that do not get the support that a
military base might provide.

2)      To raise money so that the USO can help provide some moments of
relief and joy to these military families.

To do this Jake has recruited family, friends and local business to make
this happen.  He has had a website designed to sell his idea of a
magnetic car decal that shows your support of the military families.  We
have partnered with the USO so that the proceeds of our sales go to
programs that provide the support that the families need. Please visit
Stars for Cars at Starsforcars.org <http://www.starsforcars.org/>  to
learn more about this or you can friend us on Facebook.   The least that
you can do is to find out who in your community has a loved one away and
say thank you.

Thank you,

Tom Gallin, Jr.  LEED AP

John Gallin & Son, Inc.