[Fredslist] Gotham Magic Needed for a Worthy Recipiant

Rona Gura ronagura at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 10:16:09 EDT 2011

Good morning all-

  Many of you may have heard me talk about the organization my younger daughter is extremely involved in, Best Buddies. Best Buddies is an organization that pairs mainstream students with students with special needs for mutual relationships. It is an incredible organization and all the students involved get a tremendous amount from being involved.

 What I haven't really discussed is the incredible teacher who runs this program, Penny Ellis. Ms Ellis is a special education teacher in Oceanside High School and, in particular, teaches the special education lifestyle class. She has made it her mission to ensure that every special needs child who graduates Oceanside High School, at age 21, has a future in place wherein they can become a  "productive member of society."

  Ms. Ellis has been voted one of the top five teachers in America on the Regis and Kelly show. Voting begins this morning for the top teacher in America, an honor Ms. Ellis truly deserves. I am enclosing the link to place a vote for Ms. Ellis. The web site requires you to register to place your vote. It takes a minute to register. It would be truly incredible for Ms. Ellis and her students if Gotham could help give her this honor.

http://www.dadt.com/live/contest/topteachersearch/11/index.html

Thank you!

Rona Gura