[Fredslist] A "Must See" play off broadway

JanPresent at aol.com JanPresent at aol.com
Sat May 7 12:05:25 EDT 2011

Attention Gotham

If you love good theater, you will absolutely adore "By the Way Meet Vera
Stark" which is opening on Monday night. It was written by Lynn Nottage,
who was awarded the Pulitzer prize last year for her drama "Ruined".

The play is at the second stage theater, between 8th and 9th  Avenues on
West 43rd Street. If you are a fan of the Sunday Arts &  Leisure section you
may recall a lengthy article about Lynn and the new play two  weeks ago.

The ticket price is reasonable, the cast is awesome, extraordinarily
talented. And the play is just plain fun. It is a "laugh out loud" experience,
but not the laughter of slapstick. It is the laughter of very intelligent
people  laughing at themselves. You will recognize yourself and everyone you
ever  knew.

Yes, in all transparency, I do know Lynn. And I do want to get the  word
out. But that really has nothing to do with it. You will just have to trust
me. It is a small venue. Get your tickets now. You will be talking about it
for  a long time.

Jane  W. Present
799 Park Avenue
Apartment 14 C