[Fredslist] AMAZING EXHIBIT - THROUGH WEDNESDAY

Susan Zinder sfzinder at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 19:26:21 EDT 2011

Gotham ­ I just came back from the most amazing exhibit and if I describe it
one way or another some of you will want to dismiss it - - DON'T

Through Wednesday only the Park Avenue Armory is having an exhibit with the
American Folk Art Museum of red and white quilts - - I can hear you think Š
Quilts.. BoringŠ Old fashionedŠ DowdyŠ Women's workŠ.

You would be wrong.  Not only are the individual quilts modern, old,
country, urban, figurative, abstractŠ You name it. But the exhibit itself is
so magnificently arranged that the room is literally breathtaking.  I would
describe it but just by saying that I have set up an expectation ­ best to
go without any and just enjoy a once in a lifetime unexpected experience.

The exhibit closes Wednesday the 30th.  Depending on the day it runs from 11
­ 7 pm or to 5 pm (I think Sunday and Wednesday it closes early at 5)

RunŠ Don't walkŠ It is really a rare, magnificent and breathtaking exhibit
not to be missed.

Susan Zinder
(women's group)