[Fredslist] Please help me surprise my mother on her 80th birthday

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Mon Jun 20 16:37:11 EDT 2011

Friends and colleagues:

My mother will turn 80 years old on July 28, a little more than a month from
now.  It's very difficult to buy anything for her for many of the same
reasons it's tough to buy things for many of our parents (e.g., "I don't
need anything;" "You shouldn't spend the money;" "We don't want to go out to
a fancy restaurant;" and a slew of other semi-legitimate rationales
expressed with best intentions).

I did come up with one idea (based partly on recalling what a friend did a
couple of years ago for his mom, and what another friend has done for her
husband) that I think she'd get a huge kick out of, but I need a minute or
two of your time to help make it impactful: I'd like to collect as many
Happy 80th Birthday greetings (preferably in hard copy - cards, short
letters, postcards, slips of paper, whatever; e-mails also accepted) as
possible during the few weeks before her 7/28 birthday, and then bring them
all to her at our family celebration.

My father and brother and my wife and I are deep in discussions about what
we're going to do for her 80th Birthday, but I don't think I'm going to tell
even them about this in advance, so they'll be surprised as well.  I'd be
very appreciative if you can help out by sending something (short is fine,
and it need not be at all elaborate), either in hard copy or via e-mail, to
my office (see address below).  Mom's name is Evelyn (or Evy) Abeshouse.
Any questions, please let me know.  And thanks in advance for helping out.

Best regards,

David

Gotham L.I.

David J. Abeshouse

Law Office of David Abeshouse

626 RXR Plaza

Uniondale, New York 11556

Ph: 516-229-2360 | Fax: 516-229-2361

Business Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution | Arbitrator/Mediator

 <mailto:David at BizLawNY.com> David at BizLawNY.com |  <http://www.BizLawNY.com>
www.BizLawNY.com

View my profile on:
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=743166&authType=name&authToken=fmBm
&trk=ppro_viewmore> LinkedIn |
<http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/11556-ny-david-abeshouse-853883.html> Avvo |
<http://www.mediate.com/mediator/details.cfm?id=25572&ac=516> Mediate.com

Selected as one of L.I. Pulse magazine's 2011 Top Long Island Legal Eagles:
The Top-Rated Attorneys (category: Alternative Dispute Resolution)

 <http://www.lipulse.com/trends/article/long-islands-top-legal-eagles-2011/>
http://www.lipulse.com/trends/article/long-islands-top-legal-eagles-2011/

Selection criteria: Independent lawyer peer review ratings from the
Martindale legal directory (A-V Preeminent/5.0 out of 5.0 ranking)