[Fredslist] Gotham magic needed to help get book on the environment published

Karen Nathan karen at olivineconsulting.com
Tue Jun 7 14:16:54 EDT 2011

Rabbi Dov Elkins conducted my wedding ceremony 14 years ago and now
I'd like to return the favor!  He has written a book, SIMPLE ACTIONS
FOR JEWS TO HELP GREEN THE PLANET, and needs help getting it
published.  I could use some Gotham Magic here.

Here is what Rabbi Elkins has to say:

My new book, SIMPLE ACTIONS FOR JEWS TO HELP GREEN THE PLANET, fills
an important niche. There are many books on the environment these
days, and even a half-dozen on Judaism and the environment. However,
there's no book which specifically hones in on ACTIONS that people
should take - in their private, business and public life, as well as
for Jewish events like life-cycle events (b'nai mitzvah, wedding,
funeral), Jewish holidays, synagogues and other Jewish institutions,
as well as the underlying ideas in biblical, talmudic and other
traditional sources.

I am looking for a literary agent and/or a major publisher who sees
value in this book for people of all faiths and backgrounds.  Since
environmental issues are so significant these days, I think everyone
would be interested in knowing what the Jewish perspective, and Jewish
actions can be taken to ameliorate our grave environmental problems.

Thanks Gotham,
Karen
Karen K. Nathan
Olivine LLC