[Fredslist] Top Podiatrist in Boston needed

Heidi Simon heidi at merchantpad.com
Fri Jul 22 17:25:12 EDT 2011

All,
My sister is suffering from severe foot pain, details below.
If anyone has any connections or suggestions, please let me know asap.
She lives in Boston.
Thanks,
Heidi

Hi Heidi,
I am dealing with an extreme case of Plantar Fasciitis in left foot which is a swelling of thick tissue on bottom of the foot from the heal to tip of toes. It is a painful inflammation, possibly degeneration involved as after many treatments, the throbbing pain has increased and spread through entire foot. Due to a severe case of painful arthritis in my big toe which has caused large bone spurs on the top of the foot,physical therapy is not being continued, after visits two times a week for two months, because my foot is not responding and is actually worse. In addition, an old ankle injury is now causing pain and a sensation that it is giving out as it used to. Since diagnosed I have done the following:
physical therapy which has included massage therapy, cold therapy, stretching, taping, ultrasound therapy
weight loss, night splint, anti inflammatory meds, injections of corticosteriods, orthotics.
I have stopped all gym activity, rest foot as much as possible however on foot daily as a result of current lifestyle, gotten rid of all previous shoes and sneakers as most were poor quality, purchased 5-6 new pairs of shoes/sneakers all which I found after using for a full day, are too painful and cannot be used again, I have tried on a few hundred pairs and cannot find even one that I can tolerate.
I can't have repeated steroid injections as it has long term consequences. Surgery is out on all issues because it has limited benefit and only short term relief, it carries the risk of nerve injury, infection, and rupture of plantar fascia. Bone spur removal surgery for both feet is out because of the severe arthritis-bones spurs will grow back immediatly. Also, surgery in feet often leads to further complications.
The physical pain is turning into emotional pain.

Also, I cannot take pain medication because i am in recovery, i am waiting on a second pair of orthotics, this time more rigid, being made, and found specialty shoes online that i can try at some point but due to cost of good shoes and no guarantee that i will be able to wear them after purchase, i don't think it is wise to spend money that may continue to go to waste, especially when i don't have it. Although i am hopeful about the new orthotics, due to all mentioned below, i am in desperate for a great podiatrist in or around Boston. Don't forget to read email below!

I have Neighborhood Health Plan/Commonwealth Care.

If you or anyone you know can help or direct me to a top podiatrist I'd be grateful.
Love you
Dana

Warm regards,

Heidi Simon
MerchantPad
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Tel: 201-647-0142
Fax: 707-281-1723

MerchantPad. Fund, Grow & Protect Your Business Income!

Would you benefit from increased cash flow, lower fees & revenue generating opportunities?
Merchant Processing Including all major Credit & Debit Cards, Check Guarantee, ACH & Remote Deposit, Gift & Loyalty Programs, Cash Advance, ATMs & Energy Savings!

Do you know how Identity Theft can impact your employees and the productivity of your business?
Identity Theft Protection Solutions

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and delete all copies of this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
P Think of the environment - Do You Really Need to Print This Email?

LIVE GREEN, SAVE GREEN
Ask me how you can do your part to save the planet, or click here www.viridian.com/here<http://www.viridian.com/here>