[Fredslist] PowerPoint Use and Abuse

Christopher Lamal clamal at lamal-law.com
Sat Jul 9 16:46:20 EDT 2011

Two things I forgot to mention in my last post.

1. Much of the material I cited came to my attention from a blog at The
Chronicle of Higher Education.

2. Second, I'm a huge fan of Edward Tufte.  His first book, The Visual
Interpretation of Quantitative Information, is one I have given as a gift to
others.  Perhaps the most stunning example in that book is a graphic done
back in the 1800's of the strength of Napoleon's army from the inception of
the Russian campaign to its return following defeat.  You can see it here
http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/posters.  It communicates visually, in a
way no narrative could, the devastating losses Napoleon's army incurred
during that long, brutal and unsuccessful invasion.

Chris

_________________________

Christopher T. Lamal

Lamal Law Office