[Fredslist] Can You Help?

Fred Klein fklein at kleinzelman.com
Tue Jan 25 14:36:27 EST 2011

Please see the below email from a Gothamite who needs to remain anonymous
for practice reasons.  Your thoughts or suggestions are welcome.  Thank
you for taking the time to read the below.

Hi Fred,

It was nice to see you this morning.  I sent an e-mail to Michael Lord as
you suggested.  Thank you very much for the lead.

Do you think Gotham can help a person with my below unusual credentials
find employment in the NYC metro area?  I am interested in finding either
a position as an attorney or in business management that would appreciate
my business background and attorney credentials.  Any advice or leads
would be appreciated.

I was admitted to practice law to NY and CT in January 2010 after a 25
year career as an international business development executive and
consultant for various consumer and industrial manufactured goods
companies.  I have a BBA and MBA in international business.  I have
traveled to over 50 countries on business, lived in Japan, and am
proficient in Spanish and Japanese.  Over the past year, I have been in
solo practice focusing generally on domestic and international business
law.  Domestically, I have been engaged in business formation &
housekeeping, business transactions, drafting and reviewing contracts, and
IP (trademarks & copyrights).  Internationally, I have been assisting my
overseas contacts in the international sales, marketing, and business
development field (i.e. distribution contracts, overseas trademark
registrations, overseas regulatory compliance for product packaging and
operations, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, etc.)

>From a business standpoint, my core competencies include developing and
leading global distribution networks and sales, marketing, and product
development teams.  Additional areas of expertise include:
·     Strong team builder with expertise to motivate, manage and organize
business entities to move towards achieving business goals.
·     Exceptional communicator and networker with a value-added sales
style, strong negotiation and presentation skills, exceptional problem
solving abilities, and a keen client needs assessment aptitude.
·     Expert ability at identifying new market and product opportunities,
achieving focus, and providing tactical business solutions.
·     Excellent at conducting financial analysis, budgeting, and managing
operating costs.
·     Competent legal knowledge with respect to distributor and supplier
relations; establishing and restructuring of distribution networks;
negotiating and structuring business transactions; negotiating and
preparing of domestic and international distribution and supply
agreements; ensuring regulatory compliance for new products in foreign
markets; registering and enforcing trademarks; and, handling distributor
termination.

Thanks again and best regards,

__________________________________
Fred C. Klein
Klein Zelman Rothermel LLP
485 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10022
(212) 935-6020
fklein at legal.org
http://www.kleinzelman.com
http://www.gothamnetworking.com
***This e-mail is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Secs 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This e-mail, and any documents attached, may contain confidential information belonging to the sender which is protected by the work product and/or other privileges.

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named, and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,  please delete the email and notify the sender if we are sending you  materials in error.

Circular 230 Disclosure Notice. To insure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any tax advice that may be contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or  written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of  voiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or any state or local tax law to which a  governmental requirement similar to Circular 230 applies.***