[Fredslist] It pays to get to know your members

Ester Horowitz witsowitz at verizon.net
Wed Feb 16 14:25:59 EST 2011

Dear Gotham,

It pays to take time to get to know our members. Not just for what they do,
but who they are, their family, friends, colleagues, passions, and what
makes their heart beat.  Such is the case with June Cohen.  She is well
respected in the community. June was recently honored by the American Heart
Association for her work there, and a great person to have in  your corner
when family issue take center stage and you need someone trained to handle
the stress, including the dynamics of work and family life.  I have never
been able to give June a lead or support that would be directly meaningful
to her, and June was always available even for a quick question.  But I just
did for her Husband and it was mutually beneficial.

You see June's husband, Michael ( which means Angel by the way) owns a
Mercedes dealership in Long Island City. Eighteen months ago, Michael was
kind enough to let me interview his credit manager about an ID Theft article
and research I was doing.  It was June who arranged it.

Recently I was in need of a new car.  After test driving many cars I settled
on a Mercedes.  I, who dealt primarily with AAA Auto Ease over the years
because they gave me great rates, great service, and none one was able to
beat them, could not obtain a Mercedes from them because that wasn't their
area of strength.   Kudos for AAA Autoease for their honesty.  But
truthfully going back to the dynamics of sleezy auto sales wasn't a
welcoming prospect.

Needless to say it doesn't take much to realize that if you know the owner
of a Mercedes dealership, then the chances are good to great, all of that
goes away.  The cherry on the cake is that they gave me best rates, best
service, and treated me with the same dignity that I gave them which is the
desire to give back, pay it forward, and support Gotham in meaningful and
valid interactions that are the cornerstone of where our magic comes.

When I decided I wanted the Mercedes, I went to Michael first. He gave me a
ball park idea. He is not local. Long story short, I gave him what I
learned, promised him the integrity of working with him and requested the
same in return.  He did not disappoint.  Had I not known that June's husband
was a dealer, it would never have happened.

Saturday I pick up my Mercedes.  But thanks to getting to know June, I got
to know Michael too.  That's Magic.

Warmest Regards

Ester Horowitz CMC, CITRMS, CIISA

Growth and Protection in a changing world

www.m2powerinc.com

 516 409-0849

888 609-6828

"Some men see things as they are and say why?

I see things that never were and say why not?"

-George Bernard Shaw-

Recipient of the Networker of the Year Award

from Gotham City Networking

"It's better to give than receive but what goes around comes around."

How Naked Are You? How Naked is Your Business

apsa-eh.iddoctor.net

Take the Test. Get Your Score.

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed.  This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure.  If
you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this email, and delete all copies of this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.