[Fredslist] Business check cashing without the bank! Thanks, Marc!

Michael LeBlanc michael at LeBlanc.com
Sun Feb 6 10:44:30 EST 2011

Hey, Gothamites...

I want to give a shout-out to Marc Halpert for really helping our business.

We, like most businesses, receive a number of checks from customers. We used to have to go to the bank (either to a teller or ATM) almost daily to cash them.

But sometime last year we installed, through Marc's recommendation, a "remote deposit terminal." This magic check scanner links to our checking account and in a couple of days, the funds from scanned checks are deposited into our account, right from the comfort of our desk.

We cannot believe how convenient this tool has become for us, and it really costs us very little (less than even the cost of the gas we would otherwise use to drive to the branch).

The best part has been that the checks all come to my home office, so when the snow is deep and the ice makes the driving too dangerous (except for hopefully the mailman), we still get our checks deposited!

And if that weren't enough, we recently were going to have a client that wanted to do a rush job send us a large deposit by overnight letter. But during the process we learned we could just get a fax from them and enter their check info online into our system to deposit the check electronically!

We greatly appreciate the good work that Marc does. Hopefully you will, too.

All the best to you all.

Michael LeBlanc
LeBlanc Communications Group
Michael at LeBlanc.com