[Fredslist] Real Estate sales statistcis needed for a friend.

Lyle Katz lyle.katz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 22:37:16 EST 2011

Tribe,
I received this request from a close friend/colleague and I'm trying to help him out.  Let me know if you know where to find the answer:

I'm trying to find what % of those selling a home purchase another home, even if within two years, not necessarily what % buy another home at the same time they sell their current home…. the NAR annual studies does not answer the question (primarily due to their info on sellers only coming from those purchasers who also concurrently sold a home).

I need this answer from a reliable source ASAP, and preferably by age bracket…. if 95% of sellers under 55 buy another house, and a lesser % of sellers over 55 buy another house, we need to know that, as our targeted marketing will be to those that are younger, among other reasons, the quant studies tell us younger homeowners will give us a higher take rate, and we know from the various NAR studies that younger homeowners sell sooner than older homeowners… said differently, younger homeowners have shorter median ownership periods compared to older homeowners.

Lyle J. Katz
Lyle.Katz at Yahoo.com
19 Cushman Road
Scarsdale, NY 10583