[Fredslist] Help needed from Techie

Janet Adler jadler115 at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 20:46:29 EDT 2011

Hi Gothamites
Below is a note from my son and as usual i have no idea what he is talking about,however i know someone out there has an answer.  Please email him directly if you have any info for him
Mitchadler at gmail.com thanks ...Janet
I am considering a streaming unit and the printed specs are easy to compare but I know no users to poll.  I have an android phone and want to, if possible, use that platform for internet TV.

Choices thus far:

Android TV/google
Logitec TV/google
Sony blu-ray/google tv (not so good I hear form experts yet users seem to love it.)

in the non android
roku
etc

Some systems, I HEAR, state they are compatible but the siurces lock them out.  For example; rumor has it that ABC & NBC do not like google and lock em out.  I also heard rumor that netflix compatibility doesnt mean smooth usage as menus and remotes dont mesh etc.

Many of the user reviews are months old and patches and  fixes are better  now etc.  What does your group know

added headache:
I am using a projection screen and will need to convert HDMI to VGA and then divert audio to sound system via mini plug. (I expect little help here - however I expect to convert HDMI to VGA/RCA and then convert RCA/mini plug.) Any experience here would be useful.

Thanks from the hurricane proof part of the country!  (Miami Beach)

Janet Adler
President
Janet Adler Realty, Ltd.
Janet at janetadlerrealty.com