[Fredslist] Guest Speaker Construction Group

jadler115 at aol.com jadler115 at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 17:38:57 EDT 2011

Dear Gothamites:
In keeping with the tradition of the Construction Group we will be
celebrating the end of Summer with our guest speaker Mark Weprin
(information below).  He will be speaking about the work of his
subcommittee on Zoning and how it affects development and construction.

Date               August 31  (Wednesday)
Place             Friar's Club
Time              12:30-2

Please mark your calendar and pay on line early if you are not a member
of this group.  Follow this link to pay:
http://www.gothamnetworking.com/events/eventDetail.php?eventId=1956&eventType=3

Mark Weprin
District 23 - Council Member - Democrat

Background Information
Mark S. Weprin was elected to the New York City Council on November 3,
2009.  Prior to his election to the Council, Mark Weprin represented
the 24th Assembly District in the New York State Assembly for fifteen
years.  He was elected to the Assembly in a special election in 1994 to
fill the seat left vacant by the death of his father, Assembly Speaker
Saul Weprin.

While serving in the Assembly, Mark Weprin authored sixty-three laws
that improved life for all New Yorkers.  He was Chair of the Small
Business Committee, and he has been an outspoken advocate for the small
business owners of New York State. During his time in the Assembly,
Mark Weprin served on the Standing Committees of Aging, Codes,
Education, Insurance, Judiciary, and Ways and Means.  He was one of the
state’s leading advocates for open government and the public’s right to
be informed of how its government works. Mark Weprin was an adjunct
professor at Queens College for five years, teaching The Legislative
Process.

Reserve early and bring lots of cards.  I expect this to be another
winning Construction meeting....see you all there.
Janet Adler
Janet Adler Realty, Ltd
212 427 3809