[Fredslist] NY State Traffic Ticket

Shinecorp at aol.com Shinecorp at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 10:35:42 EDT 2011

Hi Gothamites,

Who can advise me?

I got 2 tickets this weekend:

1) Failed due care for emerg. vehile stopped or standing. I didn't even
know that one has to go to another lane when a blinking vehicle is on the
shoulder ....

2) Speeding ticket - after the officer left the case we was taking care of
he went after me because I didn't go to the other lane, and caught me
speeding  .... he alleges 80mph by radar.

2a.) this came with a Supporting Deposition to the speeding ticket.   It
mentions that I stated that I was selling the vehicle and that it was not
registered or insured. All not true! It was a rented vehicle from Hertz, I gave
 him the registration that is mentioned in the ticket and I have insurance.

I would like to plea not guilty for all of the above.... how to do it and
how to proceed. I know that if I plea not guilty I would have to go to court
in  upstate NY.

Thanks for advise.

Renato