[Fredslist] Gotham Green Awards Program

Robert Politzer robert at greenstreetinc.com
Wed Apr 27 15:50:04 EDT 2011

Dear Gothamites:

Gotham:

The GOtham Green group, as you may have heard in one of your own Gotham
group meetings, has embarked on an ambitious awards program that we
expectto hold in the
Fall of 2011. We are currently looking at an array of possible honorees,
masters / mistresses of ceremonies, award presenters, hosts /
sponsors,and venues.

Before we proceed, our committee would like to reach out to Gotham members
who may have ideas for each of these categories, as well as direct or
indirect contacts to reach out to, for each category.

In particular, if you have a venue suggestion and a means of
contacting theappropriate person
or otherwise arranging for the venue, especially one with "green"
credentials, the GOtham Green Awards committee would appreciate your input.
In terms of a venue, we are seeking a location that can hold at least 150 or
more participants.  To keep costs low, we are looking for a venue that would
be made available for low or no-cost, perhaps as part of a sponsorship.
After the program has taken more shape, we will also be looking for event
sponsors, so please also think about potential prospects you may know who
would consider supporting the Awards

Here is a current synopsis of the Gotham Green Awards program:

“Building on the success of the first two Gotham Green Awards ceremonies,
Gotham Networking through its GOtham Green group plans on expanding to a c
ity-wide event in partnership with other organizations in New York City that
share a similar mission to promote green business development. There is
currently no such green business city-wide award being offered. Given the
critical importance of green business development and leadership for the
long-term viability and vitality of New York City, such a city-wide event
can be a powerful tool to promote the best green businesses, and to express
the priority that New York is giving to such green business development.”

Thank you for your suggestions and referrals.

Robert Politzer  LEED AP
President CEO

GREENSTREET INC.
NEW YORK NEW JERSEY