[Fredslist] Come to Princeton on Friday, May 20 to hear about the link between good citizenship and good business

Karen Nathan karen at olivineconsulting.com
Tue Apr 26 12:15:57 EDT 2011

Gotham,

The kick off to our annual Summer of Giving campaign is around the
corner.  With that in mind, the Princeton chapter is proud to offer an
important topic of discussion: "Good Citizenship – Good Business."
Please joins us for our next lunch to understand why service and
engagement in your community can benefit your business.

We will be meeting on Friday, May 20, 12:30-2 PM at Medittera in
downtown Princeton.   Please let us know if you need a ride from the
train station.

More about Good Citizenship-Good Business: There is increasing
evidence that being a good citizen is important to companies
irrespective of size.  The companies that have been the most effective
have thought strategically about what it means to be engaged in the
community. They have chosen wisely when making commitments and they
have looked for causes or passions that have alignment with their
business. Many companies who are interested in giving back to the
community see a secondary result from their effort. Their efforts also
help their own employees build skills or work across units in  team
building efforts. The result is a win- win both for the companies who
saw a positive affect for their business and for the nonprofits that
benefited from the help of the businesses.

More about Volunteer Connect: At VolunteerConnect we have been looking
at how to best impact volunteerism and service for residents of this
area. Last year we put together the Business and Community Connection,
a business networking group, to help build strong communities and
stronger businesses through employee volunteerism. Businesses told us
that they were looking for an opportunity to share best practices with
other companies that had successful civic engagement efforts.

More about our speaker: Robin Fogel is the board chair of Volunteer
Connect, whose mission is to enrich the lives of Central New Jersey
residents by promoting effective volunteerism and service.

Karen K. Nathan
Olivine LLC
609.577.7096
karen at olivineconsulting.com