[Fredslist] Netbook / Laptop; Mac / Apple

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 17:37:17 EDT 2010

Hello Along the Circuit,

   I'd like to acquire something additional to my  desktop computer, and s
eeking feedback as a 'regular' not 'hi-tech'  gal!  Need a new cell also.
Take your pick - mix & match - Any  info truly appreciated.  Here's what I
wonder in general...

   Netbook v Laptop -

    Is a netbook (or a laptop) too light/small/unstable to  use
productively on one's lap?
    What brands or models do you like and why -
    Important features -
    If I'm also getting a new cell phone, other  features to compare?
    Best place to shop / get consumer info  -
    Buy extended warranty?
    Anything else -

   Mac v. Apple -

    If only used a Mac - make sense to get an Apple  laptop?
    Is Apple 'better and last longer' than other  brands?  (A friend says
this)
    Buy refurbished item?  (Same friend says  fine to buy refurbished Apple
but don't know that I care)
    Is Apple technology easier or easy to learn?
    Anything else -

    Any thoughts re new cell phone welcome as  well, especially if there's
any overlap w/ above.  Presume I'll stay w/  Verizon...  Main use is as a
phone, with limited internet access so  not essential to carry other items
around.  Don't care about lots of  APPS from cell, will use computers for that.
 So just brand/model/features  and reliability info in general would be
great.

Thank You Gotham!

Iris

Iris Wolinsky