[Fredslist] Steroid Use, Abuse and Policy Symposium at Hofstra Law School on Friday, Oct. 29th 10-4:00

Victoria Roberts Drogin, Esq. victoria at mindshiftresources.com
Sat Oct 23 13:03:48 EDT 2010

Steroid Use, Abuse and Policy Symposium at Hofstra Law Friday, October,
29th, 10-4pm

This in depth program will examine steroids from a variety of angles,
including the use of steroids for performance enhancement in sports and the
current system of catching the "dopers," as well as the role of government
in regulating non-medical steroid use outside athletics. Come for any or all
sessions. Highly recommended! If interested, I can offer a guest/friend
discount.

Register today at: http://law.hofstra.edu/lawevents

Victoria Roberts Drogin, Esq.

Hofstra Law School

Associate Dean,

Dean for Professional Development
Victoria.roberts at hofstra.edu

============================
Symposium Schedule:

10 a.m.-Noon
A Screening of the Movie Bigger, Faster, Stronger* and a Q&A With Director
Christopher Bell

Noon-1 p.m.
Lunch and CLE Registration

1-1:30 p.m.
Welcome & Keynote Speaker Richard Pound, Partner, Stikeman Elliott Member,
International Olympic Committee, and Former President, World Anti-Doping
Agency

1:30-2:45 p.m.
The Anti-Doping Movement: Athletes' Health and Rights
William Bock, III, General Counsel, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency
Norman Fost, M.D., M.PH. Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin
Hospital
Howard Jacobs, Partner, Forgey & Hurrell, and Adjunct Professor,
Southwestern Law School
Gary I. Wadler, M.D. Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine, Manhasset, N.Y.,
and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine

3-4:15 p.m.
Beyond Sports: A Steroid Nation?
Mark Fainaru-Wada, Reporter, ESPN
John Romano, Fitness Author and Co-founder of RX Muscle.com
Philip J. Sweitzer, Esq., Law Practitioner and Owner, Philip J. Sweitzer,
LLC
Gary I. Wadler, M.D., Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine, Manhasset,
N.Y., and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine

============================

Admission*:
Free for Hofstra Law Students, Faculty and Staff
$50 for Alumni, Friends and Guests of Hofstra Law

Three non-transitional NYS professional practice CLE credits are available

*Scholarships are available.

Victoria Roberts Drogin, Esq. President

MindShift Resources, Inc.

Executive, Professional Development and Life Coaching

O: +1.516.640.6260  |  M: +1.917.418.2299

Victoria@ MindShiftResources.com

Your Thinking. Your Business. Your Life.