[Fredslist] Mentoring Meeting Review

Susan Cleary susanw.cleary at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 14:03:21 EDT 2010

Hello Gotham

I wasn't sure if the mentoring program was for me but after hearing the
excellent presentation by Deidre Siegel yesterday at Klein Zelman's office,
I am very impressed by the possibilities the Gotham mentoring program has to
offer.

The premise of the mentoring program is that two members are paired up to
support each other in reaching their respective career goals. The
presentation yesterday laid out the process and ground rules that can best
facilitate success for both people. It is set up as a win-win proposition
since each person can benefit  from being able to give support and
potentially receive support.

It's like having a "buddy" that you can declare your goals to.  Your mentor
will lend advice from their own life experience and hold you accountable to
the process of reaching your goals.  By being able to offer the same support
to your mentor, you experience the ability to make a difference in your
mentor's life.

Gotham has delivered yet another valuable tool for members to access to
support their personal growth and development. Thank you to Fred and Deidre
for your service to make this available to the members!

Here is the link on the website with the Power Point presentation from
yesterday. There is contact
information available if you want to participate. I would recommend it based
on what I saw yesterday!

http://www.gothamnetworking.com/members/downloads.php

Susan Cleary
Bandit, Downtown Gotham Group Coordinator
Diet Center, Holistic Health and Diet Counselor
120 E 56th Street
NY, NY 10022
http://dietcenternyc.com/customized-diet-solutions/